Shock and relief !!

19:42 Pi is the new bitcoin 0 Comments

Well, this wasn't expected. But today I got a big shock from Myresjöhus. I received a letter saying that the first payment that I had to do for getting things rolling had NOT been received. The letter said that I was behind the agreed deadline for the first payment which had to be done before 30th of October. But... But... But... I already did the payment and that too on 26th of October, well before the deadline. So what in the world went wrong? Why didn't Myresjöhus receive the payment?



First thing that came to my mind was, 'Shit... did I make the payment to a wrong account? Has someone received my money for no reason and is enjoying it while I sit down and worry about it'. I rushed to my computer and quickly logged into my bank account to get the things verified. To my relief, I had done everything correct. I had paid the money to the right account with the right details and correct reference numbers. This gave me a little relaxed feeling, knowing that I will not have to go through the pain of listening to my wife's lecture about not being attentive while doing the bank transactions. But the question still remains, where did the money go if Myresjöhus has not received it?
I quickly rang up Magnus from Myresjöhus who is our contact in Karlskrona. I explained to him what had happened and also sent him the copy of the letter (which said I haven't done the payment) I received from Myreshöhus along with the copy of the payment receipt for the payment that I had done. Magnus said he shall check with the economy department about what went wrong and get back to me.
But I was restless, the discrepancy about the payment that I actually made on time was making me nervous. So I decided to call Myresjöhus' economy department myself. The number was given on the letter I just received. I called the economy department, but today wasn't my luckiest day. At first try the lady at the economy department was busy and did not answer. Then I tried again and this time she answered, "Hej, välkommen till Myresjöhus. Hur kan jag hjälpa dig?"... I said, "Hi, my name is Kiran. I don't speak good Swedish, so can we talk in English?"... She answered "Sorry, my English is not good, so it would be better to talk in Swedish"... I thought to my self, let's give it a try. It's about time to polish my Swedish skills. So I replied "OK. Ja, jag kan försöka.".
I had over-estimated my Swedish skills... OR may be it was the Swedish accent from a different state that I could not understand. I am used to the Blekinge accent, and I was calling a person in Vetlanda. But either way, the conversation after this point just went downhill.
Fearing that there would be miscommunication and this matter was serious, I asked her whether there was anyone that could speak English. She then realized that it was the best way forward and gave me the number of Michael who was very good at English.
I called Michael and explained him what had happened and also forwarded him the mail with attached details that I sent to Magnus earlier. Michael got hold of the situation and said he will check and get back about the issue as soon as possible.
Michael was quick to reply, within fifteen minutes I received a call from Michael who said it was all a system fault. Their system was having some issue and even though they received the payment, it was not acknowledged by their system and after the deadline passed the system triggered a automatic response which I received today.



I breathed a quiet sigh of relief knowing that it was not a fault on my part and Myresjöhus had actually received the payment. I thanked Michael for sorting our this issue and ended the call.
Now I had a nice story to narrate to my wife and show her that sometimes automated systems also mess up things.

In other news, our hunt for a cheaper apartment has started showing some results. We will be seeing an apartment tomorrow evening to see if we would like to rent it or not. Well, we don't have much of a choice to say "no" to this apartment as there is a huge queue for this apartment as well. So if we don't take it, someone else will and we will still be without an apartment. So lets see how it goes tomorrow.
We also finally decided to visit Jönköping to finalize the kitchen and laundry room details, even though it was very far. We have come up with a great plan for taking care of the kids. We will leave kids at school very early and then we would be on our way to Jönköping. But for this we need to keep track of each and every minute. If we are even 5-10 minutes late it can be a problem. But hey, there is always plan B... which at the moment I am not sure of what it would be. We need to take this calculated risk this time.

Anyway, it's late in the night now and this post has become too long... so now it is time to catch some Zzz's. 😴



0 comments: